Tuesday 28 October 2014

Many Merry Stars Kit


I completed my Many Merry Stars kit over this last weekend :o)

I really enjoyed putting this together and decorating them all.

You can find the kit in the new Autumn / Winter Supplement on page 9.

The kit is ENORMOUS! It makes a total of 26 Stars - in a variety of sizes. They are perfect for decorating your home at Christmas.

Of course you can use the elements of the kit to make whatever you like. The boxes are not designed to open, but you can adapt them so that they do open - you can then use them as gift boxes. You can also use elements of the kit to decorate cards or other 3D items. 


The kit is designed to go with the Many Merry stars stamp set - also in the Autumn / Winter supplement.

I decided not to buy this set as I already owned the Bright & Beautiful, Endless Wishes and Watercolour Winter Too stamp sets. I used all of these when decorating my boxes :o)


The centre piece is this HUGE star. I absolutely love it! It's about 15" across at it's widest part!


You do get instructions and decorating suggestions with the kit. I started off following these, but soon went my own way :o) It's entirely up to you how you decorate your stars.


As soon as I saw the kit, I knew I wanted to make some sort of Garland with it.

The Linen Thread I used to tie the Stars on with does not come with the kit, but you can find this in the Annual Catalogue.


The Cherry Cobbler 1" Sheer Linen Ribbon I used for the Banner itself also does not come with the kit, you can find this in the Autumn / Winter Catalogue. 

It's not a difficult kit to put together at all. You do need lots of Glue Dots though!

I found that the Red Stickers for the 'Merry' and 'Bright'  - used on the largest star didn't adhere very well, so I used Glue Dots to attach these too. The same with the little red stars. This had the bonus of adding a little extra dimension too - I don't like things stuck flat!

One thing I found with the boxes is that you MUST ensure they are stuck down very well before putting the second side on. You also need to ensure that the second side is well stuck. This is a little more tricky with the second side as you can't apply much pressure onto the box without crushing it. I did have a couple come apart slightly by the following day, but the addition of a little Tombow glue has now ensured that they are sound! :o)


It really is a pretty kit, with lots of options :o) 

The one item I would suggest you add if you decide to purchase this kit is a pack of Rhinestones. You do get Sequins included, but I think you also need the extra sparkle the Rhinestones give :o)

Remember the Many Merry Stars kit is only available while stocks last - once it's gone ... it's gone! If you would like your own kit then don't delay - order it today :o) You can access my On Line shop by clicking on the Shopping Bag at the top of this blog.

___________
Supplies

Linen Thread
[104199]
£3.95

No comments: