Sunday 12 October 2014

Sweetbriar - Birthday - Technique Card


A few weeks ago I created a Hostess Booking Gift set (here). I wanted to recreate this project as a card and decided to include it in my Technique classes this month.

The technique is simply ... colouring with daubers. You pick up the ink from the inkpad with your dauber and lightly apply it to the image in a circular motion. 

I altered the original design slightly by placing the ribbon a little differently and adding the Very Vintage button.

The image was stamped in Versamark and heat embossed with Black embossing powder before using the daubers to colour it.

The image was stamped onto some of our Typeset Specialty DSP. I lightly coloured this with sponges - first all over with Sahara Sand ink. I then sponged the edges using Crumb Cake, taking the ink in from the edge slightly. The edges were then sponged with Early Espresso.

I used stamps from the Gorgeous Grunge set and Crumb Cake ink for the splodges and water marks :o)




I coloured the button using the Mocha skin tone Blendabilities Marker - I love how this came out!

The thread used in the button is the Gold Baker's Twine - but without the gold thread, which I pulled out - it was used on another project :o)

___________
Supplies

No comments: