Sunday 14 June 2015

You've Got This - Vellum Shadow Technique


I have a Technique card to share with you today. This was one of the cards created in my Technique class this month. Each month we cover 3 to 4 different Techniques and create a card for each.

Most stamping techniques are simple to do and Vellum Shadow is no exception.

You need to stamp your image onto vellum and then turn it over to colour it.

I used Stampin' Markers to colour the stamens (Crushed Curry), stem and leaves (Garden Green).

The 'Shadow' part is the white - which you colour using White Craft Ink. The instructions I found said that you needed to use a Sponge Dauber to apply the ink. This makes it quite hard to control where it goes though, so I used an Aqua Painter. I put a few drops of the reinker into the Ink Pad's lid, mixed it with water from the Aqua Painter and used that :o) It takes a while to dry, but you can use your Heat Tool to speed it up.

If you layer the Vellum Panel onto a dark card stock, it will show up better than a lighter shade.


I used the beautiful flower from the You've Got This stamp set. The sentiment comes from the Birthday Blossoms set.

And ..... can you see the new Embossing Folder pattern????? Honestly the catalogue does not do this justice! When I saw it in the catalogue .... I just thought hmmmmmm. BUT seeing it in the flesh ...... it's so pretty! Soft and delicate ....... and just like it's name ..... Elegant! :o)

Supplies

You Can Create It! Is an International Monthly Challenge.

Are You Up For The Challenge And Ready To Join Us ....?

Click on the above picture for full details of how to play :o) 

No comments: